Why our insurance is great for families

  • Cancellation cover available for up to £5,000 per person
  • Cover available for emergency medical expenses up to £5 million per person
  • 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance helpline


Family holidays are great fun- all getting together and enjoying the pools, sunshine, kids clubs, water sports, beaches, snow, food- whatever is on offer! With TUI Travel Insurance, underwritten by AXA, you can travel with peace of mind.

What we cover as standard

  • Cancellation or Cutting Short your Trip
  • Emergency Medical Expenses
  • Disruption or Delay to Travel Plans
  • Personal Belongings and Money

What cover you can add

  • Winter Sports
  • Sports & Activities (above the standard cover)
  • Option to reduce excess to £0

Cover your family now: 

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my child is unwell whilst we are away?

If your child falls ill whilst you are away you can contact our emergency medical telephone number 24 hours a day. They can help to support and advise you on next steps and ensure you child is well looked after. Of course if it is a medical emergency, call an ambulance straight away.

What is family cover?

Family cover is where you have at least one child travelling under the insurance.

My child has recently been diagnosed with asthma, do I need to tell you?

Our travel insurance allows you to let us know about any medical conditions online when getting a quote. Simply click yes to pre-existing medical conditions and you will be asked information about the condition. It’s all available online- without the need to make a phone call.

Are banana boats covered under your policy?

Banana boating is included within the standard policy and no upgrade is needed for this. Please check your policy booklet for full details.

If I’ve got an EHIC do I need insurance?

If you are travelling to countries within the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland you are strongly advised to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). You can apply for an EHIC either online at or by telephoning 0300 330 1350. This will entitle you to benefit from the health care arrangements which exist between countries within the EU/EEA or Switzerland. Be careful of other website that will often try and charge you for an EHIC card.

An EHIC will not cover treatment in private clinics nor will it cover the cost of getting you home. An air ambulance from Europe to the UK could cost in excess of £25,000.

Tips for surviving travelling with little ones… 7th March 2022

Children love an adventure, but travelling with the little bundles of joy can be hard work……check out our hints and tips on how to get to your destination as stress free as possible.

Find out more

Did You Know?


is the average cost of a medical claim abroad*

*ABI website 2020-article- 07/06/2019

See More About Us

What happens when you need assistance abroad?

Watch The Video